Nedstat Basic - Free web site statistics
Personal homepage website counter
Free counter

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

vroom!

she lives! whole lot more life in my baby, very happy about that.

not 100% at all, but at least it feels like i'm igniting something now. the gas vapor smell has decreased a whole lot but it's still there. i'm wondering if i set my mixture richer when i had the timing retarded more (used to run 12-14 BTDC when she was happier). i have 'er at 10 degrees now. i'm gonna try do a real mixture setting with the vacuum gauge when i get more time during the day. oh, and still has black smoke, but only at HIGH throttle...like...4-5k rpm. i'm wondering if it disappears under load or gets worse...i can't see anything out my rear mirrors, though, so could be good.

and i realized that i overfilled my oil as well..i just dumped a quart in and it's about a half inch over 'full'...oops. i'll drain some.

and my radiator is leaking at the thermostat housing AGAIN. that bitch never seals. decided to do it right and got a new rad cap and thermostat. she's overheated a few times, maybe the springs are hardened. i put the rad cap on and it seems to have improved...i'll do that thermostat tomorrow most likely. good feeling about it, though. high pressure in there (stiff rad cap) could also possibly have fouled my head gasket...hot steam is powerful shit.

oh, and i realized i should've done compression tests while i had the spark plugs out. SHIT! i'll do that too. give me a chance to check the status of my new plugs, too. damn i have a lotta work to do.

one tire is nearly bald.

my breaks are acting funny (sometimes squish and need some "pumping")

my front a-arm bushing is really fucked up now (if it's even there)

exhaust manifold crack was bandaided with some exhaust repair shit. that burned off in two weeks. i think i just might attempt to pull it out and weld it...muahaha.


lotsa work.

and no money for parts.

yay.